The 2018 Summer Fun Run Series is a great way to explore your Hendricks County Parks this summer. This casual 1 mile or 5K walk/run takes place at a different Hendricks County park each Wednesday evening from June 6-August 1, 2018.
To join in the fun, simply arrive at the designated Hendricks County park between 5-7 p.m. and sign in before beginning your run or walk. Park staff and volunteers will be on hand to answer questions and courses will be clearly marked; cold water is provided for runners and walkers.
You can pre-register here if you are a first-time participant in the series. If you registered in or before 2017, you will not need to register again. If you join in at least six of the runs this summer, you will qualify for a free t-shirt.
This event is sponsored by Hendricks Regional Health, The Parks Foundation of Hendricks County, Avon Parks, Brownsburg Parks, Town of Danville Parks & Recreation, and Hummel Park.
Here is the schedule for the 2018 Summer Fun Run Series:
- June 6, Avon Town Hall Park, Avon
- June 13, Williams Park, Brownsburg
- June 20, Hummel Park, Plainfield
- June 27, McCloud Nature Park, North Salem
- July 4, no event due to Independence Day
- July 11, Avon Town Hall Park, Avon
- July 18, Williams Park, Brownsburg
- July 25, Gary Eakin Community Park, Danville
- August 1, McCloud Nature Park, North Salem
Enjoy this fun race series!